After having using Papaya in our breakfast’s – I wanted to try something a little different and attempt a dessert. We love sorbet in this household as it’s a healthy option for a dessert but lately we have been trying to home make as much of our foods as possible so we know exactly what is going into our body and allowing us to closely control our calories etc.
We made a most enjoyable, most delicious sorbet with Papaya!
Our homemade papaya & lime sorbet is a big hit! Even so that it is baby approved!! Niah couldn’t get enough of it – this was actually Niah’s first tasting of sorbet and it’s fair to say we will be making this more often now that it’s something we can all enjoy together.
- Quarter of a papaya – peeled, seeded and cut into small pieces.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup natural sweetener
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 pinches salt
1. Freeze papaya overnight – cut into small pieces ready for blender in morning.
3. Take papaya out of freezer and cut into smaller pieces (if needed)
4. Combine the frozen papaya, syrup, coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest and pinches of salt into a blender. Allow the sorbet mix to blend until a thick smooth consistency.
5. Serve or freeze for an extra cold sorbet or to a more frozen consistency.