Now everyone knows Myer is famous for the brilliant Myer Christmas windows display for the festive season that presents to us at the end of each year – which has really crept up on this year!
It’s hard to believe we are so close to Christmas, 10 weeks to be exact!!
Coming into the lifts at Myer there’s signs reminding you that the Giftorium is on level 6 and once those doors open upon arrival onto giftorium it just hits you with Christmas spirit and really makes you get into the festivities.
Not only that but before you even get to the Giftorium; you can hear the Christmas carols from many floors down!
I stress out badly when it comes to Christmas because I have a big family to buy for so its here, there and everywhere I go making sure I can get all those Christmas lists filled. Myer truly have it all and I was just gobsmacked at how much they fit into the ONE FLOOR that will allow you to pick up a gift for each and every single person on the present list.
From products ranging from gardening, sports, beauty, clothing, kitchen, toys and more.
Myer have made things real easy by categorizing there christmas floor by having 12 themes to assist you:
- Dapper Dad
- Miracle Mum
- Glamour Gran
- Trendy Young Things (gifts for teens & young adults)
- Kids Cubby (toys and children’s gifts)
- Food Fanatic (gifts for foodies)
- Stocking Fillers (small gifts)
- Techno Freak (tech & gadget gifts)
- Fashionista (gifts for fashion fans)
- Globe Trotter (gifts for travellers)
- Paws Corner (gifts for your pets)
- Hop, Skip, Juice (product for the health & fitness fans) (That’s ME!! I found so many brilliant things within this theme product display that I took photos of them all and sneakily sent them to Dan to ensure he puts them into my Christmas sack this year!) Dan is always hard to buy for when it comes to Christmas but this year round I found that Myer have NBA apparel on the christmas giftorium floor that will be perfect for Dan as he’s always nagging for more to add to the collection!
|My customised SodaStream getting put together in store.|
This year Myer will kick off all the official launch celebrations on the 8th of November with each state having their main CBD Myer stores with special festivity activities:
|The Benefit Cosmetics Advent Calendar which is at the top of my wish list!|
Sydney: One of Australia’s most popular music stars, Guy Sebastian, will perform in the Pitt Street Mall to celebrate the Myer Christmas Giftorium.
Soon to be announced star performances at the Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide stores.
|Thousands of tree hanger christmas decorations!|
Activities include children’s face painting, balloon artists, musical performances, Christmas tree and table dressing demonstrations, appearances from children’s characters, cosmetic workshops and children’s Christmas book readings
Myer has added in a few extra things to really come in aid to Christmas this year –
|Gift Wrapping station in store – all christmas colour coded of course.|
Other new in-store services available in all stores this Christmas include the ‘All Wrapped Up’ Christmas Gift registry, gift ordering on iPads when product is not available in-store, Shop and Drop parcel service so you don’t have to carry your bags, and Shop, Wrap and Deliver service.
Those who are lucky enough to be within the 2km radius of the store will be able to have elves hand deliver their presents to them on the same day of ordering! That makes me want to go stand at my sisters work in the CBD and order myself a present just so I can have an elf visit me!
|Christmas themed Candy Buffet at the launch event – Photo credit to Myer IG.|
If only I lived in Sydney as this part of Myer’s Christmas celebrations is just something spectacular –
For the first time in Australia, launching on 8 November, Myer has teamed up with Instagram to debut a huge digital screen in one of the Myer Sydney City windows which will flash Instagram images featuring the #Giftorium.
Be sure to use the tag on your social media platforms to have your 5 seconds of fame!
|Myer’s range of christmas decorations will not disappoint!|
Fun Facts & Stats:
- Across all Myer stores this Christmas, Giftorium will offer 2.2 million products, enough to fill the MCG.
- Giftorium is the largest dedicated Christmas concept area Myer has developed with a total floor space across all stores covering 37,000 square meters (larger than the entire Myer Perth City store).
- Over 40km of pine, 8km of plywood and 31,000 chrome hooks were used to make the Giftorium in-store fixtures (this is the distance from Myer Melbourne to Myer Fountain Gate).
- 15,500 paper decorations will adorn the ceilings above Giftorium areas nationwide.
- 1,400 sheets of glitter were used to embellish the Giftorium fixtures and signs.
- There will be activities in all 67 Myer stores every Saturday from 8 November.
- There will be over 5,000 hours of events activity in Myer stores across the country in November and December.
- There will be over 12,500 hours of product demonstration sessions by the Producticians.
- Across the country, there will be over 120,000 customers who will visit Santa at a Myer store.
- The Myer HR team interviewed thousands of candidates from across Australia for over 3,000 newly created Christmas jobs.
|My custom SodaStream PLAY – red and white to match the kitchen|
Myer always spoil us on our media visits and we went home with Archie the 2014 Christmas Bear, some Dilmah Tea, our own personalised custom made SodaStream (photo above) and were given a $50 voucher to spend in store which had me take home some SodaStream flavouring caps, a christmas gingerbread plush toy, Bonds spotted confetti leggings and some pretend play snow for Niah.
Thank you for having me Myer, it’s always a pleasure!