Beautyheaven’s list of Top 100 Beauty Products of All Time reveals the ‘crème de la crème’ of the beauty world, which showcases the most-loved products in the cosmetics cases of women across the country. Determined by total number of reviews and overall star rating as from beautyheaven’s 160,000 members, the products taking out the top spots include:
- Viva La Juicy, by Juicy Couture
- Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II, by Estée Lauder
- Eye Shadow, by MAC
- Dermalogica daily microfoliant, by Dermalogica
- IV styler, by GHD
- Application Brush, by Nude by Nature
- EyeStudio Color Tattoo Eye Shadow, by Maybelline New York
- Instant Hand Sanitiser Original, by Dettol
- Powder Blush, by MAC
- Crealine H20, by Bioderma
Why are these products so popular? Insights from the beautyheaven team include:
- Women are willing to invest in quality anti-ageing skin care
- It used to be about having waterproof mascara, but what we’re seeing nowadays is products that offer a fake-lash effect are much more popular
- Articles that offer how-to guides on applying blush and bronzer are always popular among women. The Kardashian effect, perhaps?
- What some may think of as the traditional ‘boring’ beauty products (like soap, pantyliners and deodorant) are the ones women buy the most, and hence are actually one of the most important beauty purchases women make
- No. 1 is a perfume – the quickest and easiest way to make a woman feel beautiful
- A lot of make-up products made the list, indicating women are constantly on the hunt for the perfect foundation/BB cream/lipstick
- Leading up to Christmas time, we expect to see a focus on gel liners and volumising mascaras. These long-lasting products are perfect for summer events and celebrations in the heat.
- Perfumes make great Christmas presents, so we expect people will return to review more of these early next year.
Carli Alman, Make-up Editor of beautyheaven, says: “The Top 100 list unveils the best of the best in the beauty world, as recommended by Australian women who have shared their real opinions on products from different categories, price points and brands.”
Best Mascara: Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara
Best Lip Balm: Nivea Lip Care Essential
Best Blush: MAC Powder Blush
Best Illuminator: Benefit High Beam
Best Concealer: Maybelline New York FIT me! Concealer
Best Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup SPF 10
Best BB Cream: Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free
Skin care winners:
Best Cleanser: Bioderma Crealine H20
Best Toner: Nivea Pure & Natural Facial Cleansing Toner
Best Day Moisturiser: L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Laser X3 Day Cream
Best Night Moisturiser: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II
Best Anti-ageing product: Lancome Advanced Genefique
Hair care winners:
Best Shampoo: Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Shampoo
Best Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Conditioner
Best Hair Colour: John Frieda Precision Foam Colour
Best Dry Shampoo: Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy
Britney Spears Fantasy
M by Mariah Carey
With Love…Hilary Duff
Beautyheaven has more than 160,000 members who have contributed to make it Australia’s most comprehensive beauty site, featuring a pre-shop directory of more than 165,000 product reviews. Before your next beauty purchase, check out the full list of Australia’s most coveted beauty products, from hair care to fragrance, to skin care and make-up at http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/skin-care/anti-ageing/100-best-beauty-products-of-all-time-reviews-13203.
beautyheaven is Australia’s number one social beauty network, featuring the very best and most comprehensive mix of beauty product reviews, news, tips and advice.
The research took all products listed on beautyheaven with 100 reviews or more and ranked them according to star rating to reveal the products consumers are buying, reviewing and enjoying the most.