It’s now 4 days out from Christmas which means that if you were to start your Christmas baking they would still remain at a good eatable state for Christmas Day. Time to begin baking everyone!
We were inspired by an event that we attended last week where we got to decorate gingerbread so we thought why not try and make gingerbread ourselves that is a healthier version.
2 3/4 cups of all purpose baking flour OR almond meal
50ml of H2Coco coconut oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp of bi carb soda
4 pitted medajool dates
1 egg white
1 tsp of vanilla extract
OPTIONAL: 2 tbsps of honey
- Preheat oven to 150 c.
- Place baking flour/almond meal, spices, bi carb soda and dates into a processor and combine until it is a crumble texture.
- Add in coconut oil, vanilla extract, honey and egg white and process until it becomes a soft dough texture. (If your dough isn’t coming together then add in more coconut oil)
- Roll dough out evenly between 2 pieces of baking paper and refrigerate until the dough becomes firm (usually an hour – but dependent on your fridge)
- Cut the dough with your gingerbread cutter and place gingerbread cut outs onto baking paper lined oven tray.
- Leave in oven for 30 minutes at 150 c or until the gingerbread turn a golden brown colour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, then decorate if you wish too.